The migration of file to SharePoint will help your business in much greater search functionality, access control and security. You will be able to streamline the amount of administrative time and money spent to maintain the daily operation of the company.
When migrating SharePoint content, there are few important steps you should follow to achieve success without disrupting daily operations:
- Decision of Right Configuration:- Many organizations using highly customized environments of SharePoint, have to decide which configuration is best for your business needs from technical as well as business strategy perspective. You have to explore ins and outs of SharePoint migration to decide everything on cloud or decide which part of your business will work smoothly with a hybrid system.
- Set a Realistic Timeline:- Migrating your business operations to SharePoint needs time and patience as it may take longer time than expected. Due to complexity of SharePoint unknown obstacles might be raised. Migrating your business operations to SharePoint takes time and need patience as it sometimes consume more time than expected. Data should be mapped properly to avoid obstacles.
- Determine Your Needs Which are To be Migrated:- Before migrating, you should decide which content is relevant and important to your company. The content which is irrelevant and outdated for your business should not be migrated so that will save your money and time. You should evaluate to how it’s used currently and how you’ll most likely to use it down the road to save the effort. It can allow you to customize SharePoint to fit your business for better future.
- Run a Migration Test:- SharePoint makes it easy to test your migration before you perform the real thing to avoid frustration if some important work failed to move to your business. When performing your test, you only have to set up your new SharePoint to be as much like your future environment as possible to get exactly what you want. You need to know how migration can be done because third-party migration tools all work differently for SharePoint features like workflows, metadata and permissions.
- Verify Your Migration With Your Business To be Satisfied:- Test your migration again and again before you are completely satisfied with the results. Make sure that the planned migration is capable of meeting your needs. Make a list of users who are keys to your business to keep them happy. Architects can help plan for your company’s migration if you have some difficulty in SharePoint migration.
COMM-IT manages services of SharePoint using SharePoint tools and custom application for migration. When SharePoint migration is managed through COMM-IT an organization enjoys managed services aid in providing security of data with backup and storage. COMM-IT has an experience of more than a decade in implementing SharePoint projects and has proven track record in SharePoint migration. It has pre-build frameworks and ready to use integration tools and migration tools for migration of SharePoint from one level to the next. COMM-IT is Microsoft certified partner for SharePoint.